Saturday, February 21, 2009

Artist Book News Grant



I am very excited to say that I was one of two artists selected by Artist Book News to receive their Artist Book News Grant for 2009.

The grant covers part of the cost of advertising my book Vueles in their Spring 2009 Newsletter. The story of Vueles is a pair intersecting narratives, the first focused on the migration of the endangered Red Knot, whose travels take it between where I live in the Delaware Bay Area and where my family lives in Argentina. The second story focuses on Argentina's Guerra Sucia and the genocides that were organized by the military regime at that time. At the crossroads of these two stories is where I stand. The book was printed with screen prints, lithographs, and letterpress, on handmade paper made from the clothing of my family members.

No comments: